[Trending Now] MUST READ! This 80-Year-Old Requested Her Doctor to Stop Her Transfusion and Let Her Die! Find out the Reason Here!
They say that airports witness the sincerest kisses than wedding halls and hospitals hear more prayers than the church. Wherever that q...
They say that airports witness the sincerest kisses than wedding halls and hospitals hear more prayers than the church.
Wherever that quote came from, it sure proved to be true to this doctor, who encountered a patient who wanted to die because she wanted to be with her son.
Newsner reported the story of Italian doctor Marco Deplano, who attended to an 80-year-old woman in a hospital.
He is a urologist and was considered “young” for his profession but despite that fact, Deplano has seen his own shares of touching and heartbreaking moments that have happened within hospital walls.
A urologist is someone who treats the surgical and medical diseases of a human’s urinary tract system and the male reproductive organs.
According to the source, Deplano was very much moved by his old patient that he decided to share his encounter on Facebook.
Read his post below:
“Today I received a call to do a consultation in another department. The usual… It was about a patient with terminal cancer and renal insufficiency due to compression of the ureters.”
“The woman I met there was between 70 and 80, with carrot-orange hair and flawless pink fingernail polish.”
- Good morning, Ma’am.
- Good morning to you, Doctor.
“I looked in her file, did an examination, and repeated the ultrasound.”
- Ma’am, your kidneys are struggling: they can’t eliminate urine naturally anymore, so I will need to insert a tube, a kind of valve that bypasses the obstacles. So then you’ll pee into two tubes connected to two bags…
- Excuse me, Dr. That means I’ll have another pouch behind me too?
Deplano indicated she had a colostomy, a type of surgical operation where a piece of the colon is diverted to an artificial opening in the abdominal wall. This is to bypass a damaged part of the colon.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
His post continued:
- Yes, Ma’am.
“There was a long silence. It felt endless. But then at last, she looked up at me smiling.”
- Sorry, what’s your name?
- No, your name.
- Marco… what a beautiful name. Do you have a moment?
- Of course, Ma’am.
- You know, I’m already dead. You understand?
- Sorry, no… I don’t.
- I already died 15 years ago. When my 33-year-old son had a heart attack and passed away. I died that day too.
- I’m so sorry.
- I died then, with him. And then I died again ten years ago when they diagnosed me with this disease. But now I don’t have to pretend anymore. My children are taken care of, grandchildren too.
I want to go join him. What’s the point in living a few extra days with these bags, with suffering and so much work for me and my loved ones? I have my dignity.
Will you be offended if I don’t want to do anything? I’m tired. I’m ready to entrust myself to the hands of God. Tell me the truth, will I suffer?
- No, Ma’am. You can do whatever you want. But putting two bags…
- Marco, I said no. It’s my life. I’ve decided. If you want something to do, let’s stop the transfusion. Then I can go home and eat ice cream with my grandson.
Isn’t it heartbreaking? What would you do if you were in Deplano’s shoes? Would you have done the same thing?
Tell us your comments below!