[Viral Now] How To Select The Best T-Shirt For Yourself
T-shirts are considered our everyday dress, both casual and trendy. However, most people are not aware of the fact that their history goes ...
T-shirts are considered our everyday dress, both casual and trendy. However, most people are not aware of the fact that their history goes back about a hundred years.
As the name implies, these shirts were named for their “T” shape. Though we have given them a more casual nature these days, they were previously used as undershirts to absorb sweat, doors, and dust, preventing the outer clothes from being affected by perspiration.
As the world entered the industrial revolution, more and more men started engaging in activities that generated sweat and grime on the body, such as underground mining and construction. The traditional rough-and-tough undershirts were made into a softer cotton material so that the workers felt comfortable while wearing it under their clothing. Over time, the material got softer and the quality got higher — i.e. from undershirts to day-to-day shirts.
How to choose the best t-shirt depends on the type you want and the body figure you have. Let’s have a look at some of the specifications of t-shirts around the globe.
The Types of T-Shirts:
The two popular necklines for t-shirts are the crew and the v-neck. Both of these have their own advantages and shortcomings that can help you in deciding which one your body is suited to.
The crew collar is common and the look is ageless. Men with good physiques look amazing in this collar because the broader look it gives shows off those broad shoulders and body tone. Men with slender necks tend to choose this type as it covers up their neck and adds balance to their face.
On the other hand, v-necks are considered a tad more informal, representing both casualness and a sleek sense of style. Since the necks go deep, men that want to show off their chests may want to try this neckline. Also, men that have broader faces or are shorter look better in v-necks because both these features are balanced by the shirt’s shape as it elongates the body.
The Colors of T-Shirts:
- If you’re fair-skinned, white will look amazing on you and can easily be complimented with any colored pants. However, if you’re darker, the white of the shirt may not compliment your skin tone.
- Gray has a tendency of not only giving off a casual look, but also adding a bit of a smoother touch. However, if you’re a sweaty person, keep in mind that sweat stains are more obvious on gray and this might lead to embarrassment.
- A black t-shirt is sleek and is one color that almost anyone can pull off easily. Whether you like the gothic look or you want a touch of elegance in your closet, black can give you both of these effects. Pair it with jeans to execute a classy look.
- Navy blue is another color that most men include in their wardrobe. This masculine color looks great for a night out because its casual yet manly look can make you the highlight of the show.
- Apart from these common colors, you can try reds or greens or lighter shades, but all that depends on your skin tone. Darker skin tones can’t pull off light blue as well, and fairer tones can look weird in bright yellow. Your best shot is to try them on in the changing room and get an outsider’s opinion.
General Rules to Follow:
T-shirts should not be too tight because that will look a little too edgy and can make your breathing difficult. On the other hand, don’t wear them too loose or you risk a very informal style. The length should compliment your body by not being too short or too far below your hips. Sleeves should cover about half your upper arm.
Remember that what you wear is less important than how you wear it. Your general attitude, the way you carry yourself, and your personality all add a lot to your overall appearance.
Featured photo credit: UNsplash via hd.unsplash.com