[Viral Now] How to Free Up Storage Space on iPhone before Upgrading to iOS 10
iOS 10 is now available for upgrading. However, iPhone users, especially 16GB iPhone users, may have no enough storage space on iPhone to u...
iOS 10 is now available for upgrading. However, iPhone users, especially 16GB iPhone users, may have no enough storage space on iPhone to upgrade to iOS 10. Since too many songs, pictures, videos, or other files are occupying your space on iPhone. But no worries. Music, videos, books and so on could be synced to computer with iTunes, and they can be deleted on iPhone to free storage space. The programs like iTunes, third-party iPhone file managers, both can be helpful for managing iPhone storage.
Next, the post will show you how it is easy to free up storage space on iPhone with 4 easy methods.
1. Copy Photos & Videos to Computer and Delete Them
As you are using the 16GB iPhone, you may need to clean up storage on your iPhone regularly to keep the device running normally. But if you don’t want to delete the photos and videos shot with your iPhone camera, you could connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable, and copy these photos and videos from iPhone Camera Roll to computer. This method is an easy but efficient way to keep your iPhone photos and videos safe when you want to free up your iPhone storage space.
2. Re-sync iPhone with iTunes
For managing iPhone storage with iTunes, you need to be very cautious. The media files like music, movies, and so on can be synced with iTunes, however, during the syncing process, iTunes will erase the available files on your iPhone which you don’t want to delete.
So every time before connecting your iPhone with computer, you’d better check whether you close the auto sync of iTunes by clicking Edit > Preferences > Devices, and check Prevent iPhones, iPods and iPads from syncing automatically. After that, you could plug iPhone in and re-sync iPhone with iTunes, and each time you sync your iPhone, you could choose different media files so that the iPhone storage space won’t be used up with media files. Syncing media files from iTunes to iPhone is easy to be done, and you only need to choose the files you want to transfer to iPhone.
3. Erase All Data from iPhone
You can also erase all contents and settings on iPhone, and then restore iPhone with an old backup to free up storage space. If you want to use this method to free iPhone storage, you only need to tap Settings > General > Reset, and tap Erase All Content and Settings. After that, you can restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup or iTunes backup.
4. Manage iPhone Storage Space with iPhone File Manager
You can also take advantage of a piece of iPhone file managing software, like Leawo iTransfer, to manage iPhone storage space. It also helps to manage most of iPhone media files. This iPhone file managing software enables users to transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes, and computers without using iTunes, and it enables users to take full control of the files in iPhone. You can transfer the files from iPhone to computer or delete them in batch with the software.
Download Free Trial: Leawo iPhone Managing Software (available for Mac or PC).
*Note: Leawo iTransfer only works with iTunes installed on your PC.
- Step 1. Run Leawo iTransfer and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable. The software will recognize your iPhone.
- Step 2. Click the name of iPhone and choose Music in the left sidebar. The iPhone music files are displayed in the right part.
- Step 3. You will see the Add and Delete button at the top middle, which allows you to add or delete songs. You can also click the Transfer button at the right bottom to transfer songs from iPhone to computer.
- Step 4. If you click the transfer button, you will see a pop-up dialog. The software enables you to transfer music from iPhone to computer, or to another iOS device. After choosing the target you want to transfer, you can click the Transfer Now button at the right bottom.
All in all, we couldn’t change our iPhone storage if we are using a 16GB iPhone. But we can use some methods to free up our storage space on iPhone. The four methods mentioned above all works well.
The post How to Free Up Storage Space on iPhone before Upgrading to iOS 10 appeared first on Lifehack.