[Trending Now] MUST KNOW: Early Signs of Lung Cancer in Women. This Could Save Your Life!
Lung cancer is rapidly becoming one of the most common types of cancer to get. Recently, it claimed the life of Asia’s Iron Lady , Senato...
Lung cancer is rapidly becoming one of the most common types of cancer to get. Recently, it claimed the life of Asia’s Iron Lady, Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago. As cancer doesn’t have any cure yet, stopping the cancer cells from spreading would be difficult if not treated at its early stages. So it is very important to detect symptoms as soon as they start appearing but did you know that these can be gender specific?
Yes. Lung Cancer on women is called adenocarcinoma. Below are its early symptoms:
• Back and shoulder pain
• Shortness of breath when exercising
Once the cancer started spreading, the following symptoms appear:
• Coughing up mucus or phlegm tinged with blood
• Coughing up blood
• Hoarse voice
• Harsh sound when breathing (medically referred to as stridor)
• Increased mucus and a change in color
• Persistent cough
• Pain in chest, shoulders and back
• Shortness of breath
This kind of cancer silently spreads to other body parts such as the brain, lymph nodes, bones, liver and adrenal glands.
When it does, these symptoms might appear:
• Loss of appetite and unexplained weight loss
• Blood clots
• Bone fractures that are not caused by accidental injury
• Joint or bone pain
• Loss of memory
• Loss of muscle mass
• Neck or face swelling