[Trending Now] We Bet You Don't Know These About JC Santos of Till' I Met You! READ NOW
You probably didn't know these facts about our new guy JC Santos who we watch every night in ABS-CBN's Primetime show, Till'...
You probably didn't know these facts about our new guy JC Santos who we watch every night in ABS-CBN's Primetime show, Till' I Met You starring the hottest love team of today, Nadine Lustre and James Reid or popularly known as JaDine. JC plays the role of Ali, the bestfriend of Iris (Nadine) and is in the center of their love triangle with Basty (James).
Fans are starting to give JC the buzz and are constantly talking about him on social media. It seems like it's not just the tandem Ja
On an interview with Rappler, JC Santos revealed some fun facts that fans don't know about him yet:
1. JC's family is from Pampanga and his parents are overseas workers. In an interview with Inside Showbiz, JC shared that his parents are working abroad.
"My dad is a seaman. My mom is an OFW based in Las Vegas. Laking OFW ako. My mom left when I was 15. Lumaki ako na seaman na ‘yung dad ko. Umuuwi siya every 3 months. Ganoon ko sila nakasama,” he said.
His family is from Pampanga and he also has a sister, who is graduating from school with a degree in architecture.
2. He started his career in theater. At the press conference for Till I Met You last August 28, JC shared how he got started in the industry.
"Nag start ako [as] a theater actor in UP Diliman. So nag two years po ako sa UP Diliman and then went to Hong Kong Disneyland and I went to Universal Studios in Singapore," he said.
"I was a singer-dancer in Hong Kong. Naging singer din po ako sa Universal Studios. Nag-aral din naman ako ng musical theater sa New York. Tapos bumalik po ako dito dahil gusto ko po maging actor."
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
4. How he got the role of Ali. According to JC, he was invited to audition for the role of Ali. After knowing about Ali's character, he was given a script during day 2 of the audition, where director Antoinette Jadaone was present.
"Nung time na iyon iniexpect ko na okay na ako, kung aawayin ko lang si James Reid dito. Kasi usually po, iyan yung nakukuha kong role, pero this time, gulat na gulat po ako, hindi ako makapaniwala na isa ako sa mga bida. At nagpapasalamat po ako sa pagtitiwala talaga," he said.
5. He's in a relationship. JC has been in a relationship with theater actress Teetin Villanueva for 3 years. In an interview with the Inquirer last February, the two shared that they got to know each other while doing the Dulaang Unibersidad ng Pilipinas's (DUP) play Adarna.
6. JC considers Ali a life-changing role in his career. At the press conference, JC was asked if he had a hard time playing Ali. The actor said yes because it the most "challenging role" he's played so far in his career.
While the complete story hasn't yet been revealed, the teasers have hinted at an LGBT love triangle.
At the presscon, JC was asked how he felt about taking on such a big role early in his career and about the possibility of being typecast later on.
"I don't mind. I'm fine. Okay naman ako eh basta may role, gusto ko game. Ganun lang naman ako," JC said about playing the role.
According to a press release from ABS-CBN's PR website, JC played the role of a gay best friend in Ipaglaban Mo. He also appeared in a a short film called Basaan, which had an LGBT-oriented storyline.
In an interview on TV Patrol, he said he's been overwhelmed with the attention he's getting with the role of Ali. Although the show only began airing last August 29, JC said he's happy with how things are going.
"I don't know what's going to happen to me after this, but I'm living the dream," he said.