[Trending Now] READ: 10 Of Former Sen. Miriam's Best Pick-up Lines Ever!
The death of former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago has put the whole nation under deep grief and sadness because we had just lost a po...
The death of former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago has put the whole nation under deep grief and sadness because we had just lost a powerful and faithful public servant.
Miriam was deemed as the Iron Lady of Asia because of her feisty attitude and mighty image. However, behind the strong looks and substantial speeches, Miriam was also famous for her sarcastic comments or what we all call "pick-up lines" she calls out in and out the senate.
As we remember her biggest contributions to the country as a Senator and a government official, let's take a moment to also recall her best "pick-up lines".
If politics wasn't her calling, she would pass as a stand-up comedian for these:
1. Ang crush parang math problem, kung hindi mo makuha, titigan mo na lang.”
2. “Miss, kutsara ka ba? Kasi papalapit ka pa lang, napanganga na ako.”
3. “Mag-exchange gift tayo? Akin ka at sa iyo naman ako.”
4. “Pwede ba kitang sabayan pauwi? Kasi sabi sa akin ng magulang ko, ‘Follow your dreams.’”
5. “Pedicab ka ba? PEDICABang i-date sa Valentines Day?”
6. "Top 3 na pinakasinungaling na trabaho sa Pilipinas:
Number 3: Beautician: Sasabihin nilang maganda ang customer kahit hindi naman talaga.
Number 2: Konduktor ng jeep: Sasabihin niya na dalawa pa ang kasya kahit puno na.
Number 1: Pulitiko. That’s the end of the story."
7. “Ang sabi nila, ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away.’ Kung guwapo o maganda ang doctor, ayoko na ng apple.”
8. "Cup noodles ka ba? Bakit? Kasi gusto kitang buhusan ng kumukulong tubig."
9. "Can you recommend a good bank? Kasi I'm planning to save all my love for you."
10. "Anong tawag 'pag nagtapon ka ng basura sa dagat? Sagot: Pollution. Ano naman ang tawag kapag tinapon mo sa dagat ang mga pulitikong kurakot? Sagot: Solution."
These are just few of her funny lines and the rest can be found on her published books such as "Stupid is Forever" and "Stupid is Forevermore" (the follow-up book to the 1st one that sold out). Both contain the former Senator's witty and hilarious words.
A woman of both substance and humor, that is former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago. She will surely be missed by all.