[Trending Now] Cebu Pacific And PAL Bans The Use Of Samsung Note 7 In Their Flights! The Reason Why Will Shock You!
The Philippines are now following the global recall of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 because it is fire-prone. Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airli...
The Philippines are now following the global recall of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 because it is fire-prone. Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines (PAL) bans the use of the gadget in any flights.
September 11, Cebu Pac disclosed that they will be prohibiting the use of the said gadget and charging them onboard. They also reminded the passengers not to place it in the check in baggage. It can be hand carried but it should be turned off especially when inside the plane.
PAL also permits it to be hand-carried however it should be switched off. Same as with Cebu Pac, it can’t be checked in.
Just last week, the Samsung Electronics Co Ltd disseminated a recall of the said unit due to the report receives of it battery issues.
Reports say that there were few cases of explosions or catching fire during the normal use or when it is charged.
People using Galaxy Note 7 are encouraged to return their phones so that it can be replaced. The selling of the smartphone are stopped in the Philippines. Samsung gave their statement:
“We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver that highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible.”
There were all over 2.5 million that were sold by Samsung. Aside from PAL and Cebu Pac, there were also three Australian airlines that bans the use of the unit and charging it.
What to do if you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7?
1. Immediately turn off your phone
2. Contact a local call centre or you can visit a retail location where you bought your phone
3. The option that you have is to replace your phone with Galaxy S7 or the Galaxy S7 Edge or maybe a different device and you can get a reimbursement.
4. If you want to have a new model, you will be receiving a Samsung J Series loaner phone until you get the new model.
5. Samsung will also be issuing a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit to all users as refund for the Note 7 accessories.