[Trending Now] 5 Times Miriam Defensor-Santiago Proved She Is The SAVAGE Queen!
The fierce aura of former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago kicks in the moment she enters the Supreme Court, that's why any one who i...
The fierce aura of former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago kicks in the moment she enters the Supreme Court, that's why any one who is on trial is surely in for a hot-seat with her.
Known for her harsh and "savage-worthy" statements inside the senate, these are just five of the best ones that came out of her mouth that may or may not be intended to be taken seriously:
1. “Pinaliwanag ko na, ayaw niyang makinig. Eh, kung hahamunin ko na lang siya ng
suntukan?”—Santiago challenging Joaquin to a fist fight.
2. “Tatalon ako sa eroplano pag naaresto si Erap.” and “I lied.”—Santiago’s assertion that
former President Joseph Estrada would never be arrested, and her response after
he was arrested
3. “Sir, I remind you that as the Commissioner of Immigration and Deportation, I represent the
majesty of the Republic of the Philippines. You have the obligation to show respect and
courtesy to me. Now shut up, or I’ll knock your teeth off!"-Santiago telling an arrested
foreigner to shut up when he interrupted her during a press conference
4. “In the spirit of Holy Week, which is approaching, I amend my previous offer to a fight. Instead,
I challenge him to take an IQ test with me in UP!”—Another challenge to Joaquin.
5. “I am not angry. I am irate. I am foaming in the mouth. I am homicidal. I am suicidal. I am
humiliated, debased, degraded. And I am not only that, I feel like throwing up to be living my
middle years in a country of this nature. I am nauseated. I spit on the face of Chief Justice
Artemio Panganiban and his cohorts in the Supreme Court, I am no longer interested in the
position if I was to be surrounded by idiots. I would rather be in another environment but not in
the Supreme Court of idiots.”—Santiago’s reaction after being bypassed for the post of Chief
Justice of the Supreme Court
These go to show how the former senator lived as a unique government official that sets herself apart from her fellows.
She is a fighter of corruption and also of boring senate hearings.