[Trending Now] 15 Benefits Of Guava Leaves That Has Surprising Effects On Your Health!
The Psidium guajava or commonly known as “ guava ” is just a small tree from the myrtle family, usually found in tropical and subtropical ...
The Psidium guajava or commonly known as “guava” is just a small tree from the myrtle family, usually found in tropical and subtropical regions. Most people enjoy its tropical fruit which is rich with vitamins and minerals. But people do not know that its leaves can be very useful for it has different healing properties. Here are some of the health benefits you can enjoy with these guava leaves.
1. Helps lower down cholesterol level. Drinking guava leaf tea can lower down cholesterol by reducing bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
2. Treat cough and Bronchitis. Guava leaf tea can sooth irritating coughs and helps loosen mucus.
3. Relief allergies. Guava leaves produced Anti-histamine which can stop allergies. Itchiness caused by allergies can be treated by crashing some guava leaves to the affected area.
4. Aids weight loss. It prevents starches to be converted into sugar.
5. Prevents Hair Loss. Boil some guava leaves and let it cool down. Use this for bath to prevent hair loss.
6. Food Poisoning. Helps in assisting stomach and food poisoning.
7. Treatment for Diarrhea and Dysentery. Guava leaves are rich with antimicrobial properties that can help treat diarrhea and dysentery.
8. Prostate Cancer Treatment. Guava leaves can be used in treating enlargement and prostate cancer.
9. Helps men with fertility issues. Drinking guava leaf tea can increase sperm production.
10. Acne and Skin problems. It is packed with vitamin C beneficial for removing acne marks and skin problems.
11. Cure for wounds and infections. It has healing properties that helps prevent infections from cuts and wounds.
12. Treatment for Dengue Fever. Guava leaves extract can increase number of platelets which can cure dengue fever.
13. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels. Properties of the guava leaves help regulate insulin secretion and sugar levels.
14. Aids Toothaches, sore throats and gum diseases. For its anti-inflammatory properties, it treats toothaches, sore throats and gum diseases.
15. Prevents Skin Aging. Guava leaves are rich with antioxidants that help fight free radicals.