[Viral Now] There Is Nothing Permanent Except Change
There is nothing is permanent except change. – Heraclitus Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher maintained that change is the only reality in ...
There is nothing is permanent except change. – Heraclitus
Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher maintained that change is the only reality in nature. We’ve all made changes in our lives, both good and bad, expected and unexpected. Relationships, circumstances, and feelings change. Nobody is ever exactly the same in each moment.
But are the unplanned and unexpected changes bad? What if all changes were good by default?
Every change we make leads us somewhere new. For example, I once got fired from a job that I really needed to support my family. I was completely blindsided at first. However, there was no room for growth, and the work was boring. After the shock wore off, I found that I was actually relieved. Yes, I struggled to make ends meet, but eventually I found a job that I truly enjoyed.
Why some people won’t change
People are resistant to change. It might be out of fear or they’re just set in their ways and don’t see a need for change. However, sometimes change is inevitable to move forward in life. We all know at least one person who is set in their ways. With these people,I find it best just to let them be. Change could benefit them greatly, but they just won’t do it.
Refusal of any type of change can have negative side effects.
- The managers who refuse to change their management style and can’t keep employees
- The workaholic who loses his family because he wouldn’t make
time for them.
- The stubborn person so set in their ways they have an old duct-taped flip phone that only makes random calls, then they complain about nobody calling them.
- The person who is always complaining about being sick, but refuses to see a doctor.
You aren’t going to change the mind of anyone who has considered making a change and decided that it won’t work for them. The more you force change on them, the more they will actively resist you. If they say they won’t change, believe them. The person may come around in time if they see how the change can help, or they never accept the change and you just deal with it.
What will happen then when you embrace changes?
- Personal growth: We learn new things every time we make a change. We can discover new insights about life, learn life lessons, and grow. Every change is a step closer to where we wanted to be.
- Flexibility: When we make changes often, we learn to easily adapt to new situations, new environments, and new people. As a result, we adjust to unexpected changes with ease.
- Improvements: We’d all love to improve our lives, whether it’s finances, career, partner, house, etc. We already know that nothing improves on its own. Doing things differently will make that happen. If we don’t make changes, we can’t improve.
- The Snowball Effect: We often give up because the thought of making a huge change is too daunting, and we are afraid we can’t accomplish it. That is when small changes come in handy. One small change at a time will eventually lead to the desired outcome.
- Strength: Not all changes we make are good. Sometimes, bad things happen too. It’s overcoming the challenges that make us stronger.
- Opportunities: We never know what each change will bring. When you stray from your usual path, new opportunities are waiting for you around the corner. Changes will bring new choices for happiness, progress, and bring us closer to our goals.
- A Fresh Start: Each time we make a change, we are turning the page on one chapter, and starting a new one. Changes bring fresh excitement to our lives.